To develop and implement a fit-for-purpose human resources strategy for a PIF lead Mega Project. To enable the attraction, engagement and retention of a qualified workforce, ensuring that project has the necessary resources to realize its business plans and positioning the project as an employer of choice, thus enabling the achievement of its strategic corporate objectives.
1. Corporate Strategy & Strategy Formulation, Implementation and Planning
- As a member of the senior management team, participate in the development and refinement of project's overall vision and strategy and contribute to the overall process of corporate management and decision-making to ensure project maximizes its short, medium, and long-term plans while achieving the overall objectives
- In coordination with the CEO and the senior management team, formulate and lead the implementation of the functional strategy in line with project's vision, mission, and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that the strategy is translated into annual operational business plans for the Human Resources Department and that performance is monitored annually to ensure business plans are in line with the strategy.
- Develop and Implement HR strategies by establishing HR policies and processes, manpower planning and budgeting, staffing, employment processing, compensation, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and governance and compliance.
2. Budgets and Plans
- Direct the preparation and consolidation of the Human Resources Department budgets and monitor financial performance against the budget so that potential financial challenges and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Lead the Human Resources Department by setting individual objectives to employees, managing their performance, recruiting qualified staff, developing and motivating staff, providing formal and informal feedback and appraisal, and acting as a role model for subordinates - in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance to achieve functional objectives.
4. Human Resources Management
- Develops and oversees the implementation of the HR department’s strategy, policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the HR department activities, so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to the employees within entire project.
- Directs the workforce planning and budgeting activity and its regular updating in order to understand and prepare for manpower acquisition/transfers based on strategic objectives and individual objectives of various departments while balancing the costs to be incurred.
- Designs and implements best-fit and legally compliant recruitment and internal mobility strategies for the organisation in order to attract, motivate and retain competent colleagues and optimise the movement and use of internal talent in order to support the achievement of business objectives across all grades, functions and locations.
- Defines, in coordination with Finance, fair and competitive compensation systems and employee benefits and incentives programs to ensure that Project can attract, engage and retain valued employees while ensuring internal and external equity in reward practices.
- Leads the provision of excellent and cost-effective HR operations to the relevant stakeholders within the organisation through the use of a robust HR system, the enforcement of service level agreements and the transparent communication of cross-functional service charges, in order to enable the business to meet its objectives.
- Designs and implements world-class organisational development frameworks, including job titling, job grading, organisational design, manpower planning etc., and monitors key manpower ratios and strives to improve them in order to ensure global consistency and continuous improvement of staffing and structure models.
5. Organisation Development
- Defines an optimum organisation structure and direct the development of divisional structures so that resources are optimally utilised, and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
6. Capability Building
- Develops fit-for-purpose talent management frameworks (performance management, competency assessment, succession planning, leadership programs etc.), through a thorough training and succession needs analysis, in order to build a highly competent and performing workforce and to consistently recognize, reward and retain top talent within the company.
- Designs and implements learning and development systems and environment that fosters learning in order to impart required skill set to the employees in a timely manner to enable them to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently and thereby achieve overall project objectives.
- Maintains stewardship of all operational and leadership training across the business to ensure the successful short and long-term implementation of all training and development programs.
- Leads career planning and talent management activities within project to ensure various departments have a ready talent pipeline in order to meet current and future business requirements and as a retention strategy for employees.
- Leads the development of an integrated and diverse workforce, to facilitate coordination between staff and promote the exchange of knowledge and experiences, supporting the continuous development of project employees.
7. General Administration Management/Employee Services
- Ensures the formalities for employee services including work permits, visa applications, medical coverage etc. are completed effectively and efficiently making use of best practices so employees are enabled to work effectively, and adequate financial or non-financial support is provided to them in line with project policies and guidelines.
- Oversee the due diligence operation and the adequate maintenance of employee records such as employment contracts, work permits, internal transfers etc. in documentation and/ or soft copy in project HR systems.
- Develops a customer centric service attitude for servicing HR and administrative requirements of project employees in order to ensure that employees are treated to the highest standards of customer care and employee satisfaction is improved.
- Develops and implements an Employee Satisfaction Survey and follow up to communicate results action plans to employees in order to capture satisfaction of project employees and engage them to improve it.
- Ensures that exit interviews are conducted for leaving staff and that the necessary leaving formalities are completed in a timely manner.
8. Employee Relationship Management
- Leads the identification, planning and implementation of employee relations and welfare programmes in consultation with the relevant stakeholder groups in order to have a more efficient and motivated workforce and improve the image of this project as an employer which cares about its employees, fostering a common culture and increasing employee engagement.
- Leads the investigation, counsel employees where needed and ensure resolution of cases of welfare and employee grievances for affected employees in order to achieve a positive outcome for the cases and broad agreement on proposals to meet employee needs while considering project's business goals and policies/local labour laws.
- Ensures adequate support to new joiners and their families by providing information, advise and resolve their queries while highlighting to management where needed in order to assist their induction and integration into project and bring about any relevant policy and procedural changes thereof.
- Ensures prompt response for any emergency for project employees in cases such as accident, hospitalisation or personal family reasons in order to provide financial or other support to employees in line with specific policies and practices.
9. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of Functional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of function so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
10. Change Management
- Lead and direct the management of change through continuous improvement of functional systems, processes, and practices considering 'international leading practice', changes in international standards, and changes in the business environment which require proactive action plans.
11. Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Direct the compliance of staff with all relevant quality, health, safety, and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality projects, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all functional reports are completed in a timely manner and are compliant with project specific policies and standards.
- Saudi National (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or any related field
- Post graduate degree in Human Resources or an SHRP qualification is preferred
- 15+ years of experience in Human Resources (covering organisational design and structuring, souring and recruitment, training and development, employee services, performance
- Knowledge of executive leadership development, employment law, compensation, recruitment, organisational planning, organisation development, change management and employee relations.
- Knowledge of local labour law
- Organizational and motivational skills
- Achievement Orientation and Result oriented