Job Description :
Amazon MENA is looking for an Indirect Tax (VAT) Manager based in the KSA, to support the end to end VAT compliance and planning function for Amazon’s digital and retail expansion plans for the Middle East region (primarily KSA and Egypt).
This position interacts with the company’s retail business units, as well as many other businesses. The candidate must be able to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. The candidate should have in depth knowledge of VAT systems in the Middle East region and be comfortable liaising with various business teams within the company and with other members of the global tax department. The candidate should be able to exhibit interpersonal skills while interacting with the tax authorities and should be fluent in Arabic (speak, read and write).
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details. The candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to identify and manage tax and execution risks. Additionally, the candidate should have in-depth tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals. Primary duties include:
· Partner with multiple stakeholders across the company to lead tax input on the launch of new business initiatives and provide ongoing tax support for advisory and compliance queries;
· Own indirect tax input on projects to deliver detailed tax analysis and recommendations;
· Developing, implementing and streamlining VAT compliance process and ensuring adequate controls are in place for the VAT compliance function in the region.
· Working with the external counsel in making sure information for filing returns is made available in a timely manner and are reviewed before filing across the Middle East region.
· Preparing monthly reconciliation with balances are per the books with the monthly VAT filings.
· Coordinating with AP and AR teams while finalizing the VAT return for analysis of data to ensure correctness of submission.
· Managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis;
· Reviewing financial data for proper application of tax laws and advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems.
· Maintaining and communicating knowledge of tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions.
· Assess how existing and upcoming tax laws and regulations will impact the Amazon businesses;
· Working with internal tax technology and IT teams to identify automated solutions to the compliance process and support implementation.
· Driving and implement changes required to indirect tax compliance processes as a result of changes to indirect tax legislation, new business initiatives etc.
· Managing existing and new tax audits and tax refunds including replying to queries, submission of information, documents etc.
Basic Qualifications :
· Basic Qualifications:
· 7+ years of progressive tax experience with exposure to international transactional tax in a Big 4 public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or a multinational corporation.
· Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
· Experience of managing a GST/VAT compliance function.
· Proficient in English and Arabic (Speak, Read, Write).
Preferred Qualifications :
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Organized and methodical with strong attention to detail.
· The ability to take ownership of their work, initiate and implement change and demonstrate a problem solving approach.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.Able to work to tight deadlines, and under pressure.
· Ability to understand and work with ERP systems and tax engine systems.
· Understanding of accounting concepts.