Job Description :
IT Support Technician
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history.
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As an IT Support Technician you will report to the IT Manager at your home site and will be responsible for working closely with the business, your colleagues and remote support teams to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as provide day to day end user support to meet our operations present and future business needs.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational diverse team, thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre and Logistics
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centers are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it. OpsTechIT is at the heart of this process and as an IT Support Technician you will interface directly with Operations teams and act as the interface for other IT support teams as required.
Putting your customers first, you will provide a 1st / 2nd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your home site as well as any remote sites that you and your team also support.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, thin clients, telecoms equipment and workstations to the required specification. Some cabling work will also be required (after training).
· Management of imaging of workstations, laptops, tablets, handheld scanners, etc.
· Carrying out and supporting the execution of change management requests as required (which may include out of hours work).
· The management of Asset and Inventory databases performing regular checks / audits in line with global standards and to ensure sufficient IT spares are available to meet business needs.
· Carrying out and supporting asset management processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
· Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines whilst delivering outstanding levels of service to your Customer base.
· Maximizing the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance. Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
· Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
· Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
· Undertaking ad-hoc requests and tasking as and when required.
· Providing assistance to senior engineers as required (which may include out of hours work and travel).
· Managing shift / daily Infrastructure and Distribution Frame (MDF/IDF) audits and checks, including the production of shift / daily reports.
· Ability to undertake physical labour in accordance with Amazon health and safety standards.
· Help maintain a clean working environment
Please note: IT Support Technicians are required to work on day and night shifts. IT Support Technicians may be required to work in confined spaces and perform maintenance work accessing elevated spaces (working at height).
Basic Qualifications :
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience in MS Windows System Support
· Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal). Able to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
· A strong sense of customer service and demonstrable history of excellent customer-facing skills.
· Demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
· Able to keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
· Be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
· Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· Experience in establishing new processes and procedures as well as following those already in place and always looking for improvements.
· A willingness to roll their sleeves up and be hands-on.
· An good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology and to train and learn new skills
· Demonstrable strong initiative (is proactive) and motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
· Ability to be flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
Preferred Qualifications :
· Two years prior technical (IT) exposure/experience highly favorable, preferably in an operational environment.
· Vendor certification of the following: MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Some Linux/Unix System Support experience
· IT / ICT vocational or further education qualification would be advantageous
· Previous experience in a highly dynamic and fluid environment with a high degree of customer service.
· Help Desk / Technical support experience.
· Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
· Ability to train others and generous with time to pass on knowledge.
· Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
· Project management – technical task execution
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.