Job Description :Company
Our client is founded by the Saudi government to bring all communities together and develop all sectors and fields with innovative solutions. The organization generates over $24 million in sales and has over 850 companies and 700 employees.
They are currently looking for a Lead System Planning Engineer
to be based in Sharmah, Saudi Arabia.Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualification & Requirements:
- Develop the short and long term power system planning of distribution network from 33kV to LV and support the transmission planning activities.
- Develop and manage DSO system planning documentation including standards, guidelines and policies for use by all parties involved in designing, constructing, maintaining and operating the company distribution network.
- Support project-specific design reviews and ensure project compliance with the relevant company technical documentation while allowing innovative solutions and modelling of the distribution grid as an interactive, AI-managed optimization platform (potential for grid of microgrids) at the lowest cost.
- Develop and ensure compliance with distribution system planning code and security standards for network planning.
- Review and prepare pre-investment appraisal documents for network expansion projects, focusing on all viable options together with their technical, financial and environmental aspects in order to meet growing demand.
- Lead and assist in development and implementation guidelines on implementation of low carbon technologies not limited to and including PV, electric vehicles and energy storage.
- Lead and assist in establishment of smart grid system including but not limited to smart metering, distribution automation and/or similar systems like digital twin.
- Lead and undertake the annual distribution load analysis and forecasting for the complete distribution systems including the individual primary substation.
- Lead and undertake system modelling - power flow, short circuit analysis and power quality to come up with solutions/strategies for improving system parameters like voltage, power distribution, connection and power factor.
- Lead and perform calculations to analyze the network technical losses in the system and suggest ways to reduce them.
- Lead and perform various types of system studies and analysis as and when required including power quality and network reliability.
- Conduct market research and contribute to engineering research, innovation, design and the determination of cost & risk-based recommendations for the ongoing functioning of the grid.
- Drive high level of safety performance by clearly articulating the requirements for safety in design and construction methodologies relating to the DSO system as well as reporting.
- Contribute to delivery of the company's engineering risk management plan in conjunction with other Energy branches, particularly as applicable to the management of risk within the technical documentation and other output of the system planning division.
- Contribute to development of training requirements and technical skills of others within DSO/Energy.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in power sector with at least 3 years experience in DSO system planning.
- Proven experience in the establishment and management of standards and policies for design, construction, operation and maintenance of electrical LV and MV automated distribution systems, preferably with a high proportion of renewable energy resources involved.
- Bachelor's Degree in Power and Electrical Engineering.
- Postgraduate training in Power Engineering, Business, Asset or Project Management is preferred.
- Proficient in one of the power system simulation tools such as PSSE, DIgSILENT or ETAP.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to both grid innovation and its practical implementation is paramount in order to deliver a stable, cost-effective distribution grid based on 100% renewable power.
- Experience in leading small teams as technical supervisor including highly developed interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Proven track record of delivering outcomes with strong ability to prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic and changing environment, with a focus on efficiency, enhanced multitasking abilities, combined with a can-do mentality are essential.
- Experience in financial evaluation, work practices, risk management, statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Strong innovation drive towards automated and AI-led platform technologies.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including planning, organizing and directing work in a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.