Job Description/Major Duties (
general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Mechanical Construction Supervisor working as the client representative responsible for supervising various contractors / subcontractors engaged in the implementation of range of Oil & Gas mechanical & pipeline projects
associated with the field’s development plans.
The Mechanical Construction Supervisor responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform detailed supervision, to ensure a quality installed scope of work which meets project specifications and procedures for all works including interface coordination with Civil, E&I and Ops and Drilling groups as applicable.
• Responsible for monitoring of Contractors and site teams for competence on all aspects of installation and testing of equipment to meet the project specifications.
• Review of work pack documentation (detailed design, P&ID’s, PFD’s., PEF’s, ISO’s, mechanical equipment & Vendor drawings) for constructability and implementation of approved design.
• Control and monitor Work Instruction progress in consultation with Supt’s & Project Engineers.
• Assisting in raising any necessary technical clarifications and TQ’s.
• Participate in any JSA, constructability studies and other field construction related studies, as required.
• Line walking as required during various construction stages (fit up, erection, hydrotest and reinstatement).
• Cross check with Civil/Earthworks Supervisors to ensure correct location of all foundations / pads.
• Ensure red line mark up’s (and final as built) are performed and checked.
• Monitor MEI Pack compilation and review dossiers prior to issue to QC.
• Monitor and record details of extra works and reimbursable items such as scaffolding.
• Tracking and supervising works related to implementing engineering technical responses to TQ’s and subsequently signing off the work at is completion.
• Check MTO availability on site and identify short falls.
• Participate in all on site PSSR-B activities through to hand over to Commissioning/Operations.
• Liaise with Maintenance/Operations /Drilling Departments on critical tie-ins/shut downs, schedules etc
• Liaise and direct specialist vendors on-site as applicable.
• Application of good communication skills with contractors applying best practices to motivate Construction teams to completion in a timely manner.
• Support the ongoing construction activities by displaying a good awareness of HSE issues and imparting that protocol to the HSE site manager for control of the same.
• Monitor the ongoing works with the contractor and ensure compliance with PTW procedures.
• Understand and apply MOC procedures and their application.
• Keep up to date on review of FAC and HES procedures and Engineering Specifications.
• Liaise with QA/QC and other relevant departments on a day to day basis as applicable.
• Daily liaisons with Supt’s on Contractors/Vendors progress including any on construction related issues that hold up progress.
• Ensure training mine modules are performed and never get into an overdue condition.
• Attend weekly/other Contractor meetings as required.
• Monitor work schedules and advise of potential delays.
• Assist in the management of interfaces including attending daily joint site walk arounds to agree work priorities.
• Support the Mentoring programs for the site based Nationals as applicable.
• Participate on a day-to-day basis on the Facilities HSE Improvement plan.
• Issue reports and advise of progress on an as required basis.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas mechanical and pipeline projects and related structural works and all types of mechanical equipment in construction in oil and gas / petrochemical industry OR College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Oil & Gas mechanical and pipeline projects and related structural works and all types of mechanical equipment in construction in oil and gas / petrochemical industry.
• Broad experience in Mechanical / Piping construction works, including all aspects of fitting, welding, testing and documenting physical progress in accordance with designs and specifications.
• Fully conversant with P&ID’s, PFD’s., PEF’s, ISO’s and schematics.
• Knowledge of specific Standards and codes (USA, European and British).
• Good communication skills.
• Good PC skills.