Job Title: Laboratory Manager - Metallurgy Department /
Reports to : Operations Manager
Purpose of Role
Managing the day to day activities in the laboratory, including technical, administrative, operational matters. To ensure the implementation of quality management system as defined in the company quality system and follow up the same in order to maintain quality environment always
Scope & Responsibilities
• Overall responsibility for the day-to-day laboratory operations and the provision of the resources needed to ensure testing requirements and communicate to their respective staff the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
• Providing the required resources for implementation, maintenance and improvement of the quality management system.
• Responsible to identify the NCs from the management system or from the procedures for performing tests, and to initiate actions to prevent or minimize such NCs.
• Reviews production schedules to ascertain work load and assign schedules and work priorities to staff
• Provide appropriate supervision and assigns personnel specific work assignments and reviews test reports to determine required tests of samples meet customer specifications and quality control standards.
• Responsible to review and approval of Test reports, reporting opinions and interpretations.
• Responsible with respect to method modification and development and validation of new methods.
• Identify and plan training needs of personnel under his section relevant to the present and anticipated tasks of the laboratory.
• Interface with laboratory analysts and or technicians, personnel affecting quality, and customers to coordinate the timely performance of analyses and or testing.
• Develop and monitor human resource requirements for staff.
Manage analytical resources within the Laboratory in order to balance the workload to meet holding times and schedules.
• Determine root cause of outliers and resolve problems involving intra laboratory issues
• Data analysis and maintain an efficient and safe working environment
• Preparing the Quotations to the received Clients enquiries
• Sub-contract activities including selection, evaluation, monitoring of processes
• Implementation of Identified Corrective and Preventive Actions for the concerned processes
• Implementation of the Quality Management System in the respective work areas.
• Ensure the implementation of Quality Management System in the laboratory.
• Achieving the agreed targets with the agreed timelines
BE/BTech in Metallurgical Engineering with 12-15 years’ experience in Metal working industries and Material testing laboratories. For post graduate candidates number of years of experience may be relaxed depending on the individual capacity. Excellent Communication skills in English, Arabic will be an added advantage.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require frequent weekend and evening work.