We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Nuclear Security Operations & Training Manager will support the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant security program through the coordination and management of all nuclear security operations and training functions.
The Essential Functions Include:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Deliver decisive, timely, and effective security operations planning, coordination, and communications to ensure exceptional performance of the guard force members at the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP);
- Oversee the associated documentation, staffing, resourcing, approval, and implementation of nuclear security requirements in a pro-active and effective manner.
- Develop an interagency approach to security activities and synchronize across internal and external BNPP security stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver world class, realistic, and applicable performance-oriented nuclear security training for CICPA Barakah Sector guard force members;
- Ensure all training requirements are identified, analyzed, planned, and performed at sufficient frequency and intensity to sustain performance excellence.
- Track plant access training, behavior observation training, initial qualification training, annual refresher, or requalification training, and/or new equipment and just in time training for all aspects of the nuclear security program.
- Ensure testing of training is conducted to validate a transfer of knowledge, skill, and ability of the staff members.
- Develop, manage, and obtain approval from the client regarding the Annual Training Plan (ATP) and annual Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Evaluate training content, focused on introduction and inclusion of the latest advancements and continuous improvement of the overall training program.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United Arab Emirates.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
College graduate with at least six years of nuclear security operations and training experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company..
- Nuclear security operations including guard force management and shift supervision experience.
- Experienced instructor across a variety of security subjects and personnel. Firearms and range master experience, preferred.
- NTC training certification, preferred.
- Nuclear operations and training management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of classified programs and protection of nuclear material.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Able to apply good judgment and discretion regarding assigned tasks.
- Willingly accepts direction and guidance.
- Articulate and persuasive demeanor and professional appearance.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels within the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Effective verbal and written communication of security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Requires intermittent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- May require unconventional work hours due to crisis management and evolving issues.
- Busy office environment which is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must meet/pass health screening and requirements for visa acceptance and contractual obligations.
- Deployments elsewhere within UAE may be required, at the client discretion.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.