• Expert in performing day to day DBA functions
• Ability to install new versions and maintain existing versions by applying patches and fix-packs without causing any impact to the hosted business
• Support the Performance and Capacity Team for Db2 LUW performance metrics
• Have full understanding and knowledge of DBA activities including Database, tablespace, table, indexes, foreign keys, views and MQT creations as well as configuration of instances and registry variables.
• Very good understanding of Windows clustering and the task scheduler on a Windows server
• Proven ability to install and create HADR databases and clustering and IBM internal History tables
• Good understanding of Replication technologies and proven ability to install and create Purescale servers deploying Q-Replication as well as SQL Replication and CDC
• Expert and proven knowledge of using SQL and tooling to identify and resolve performance degradation issues including Explain and Adviser tools, adding and altering indexes, analyzing complex SQL queries, Data Modeling Analysis, Normalisation-De-Normalisation and tables in M:M relationships
• Ability to script and monitor the environment using IBM functions and Administrative views and create views to solve issues as well as using internal IBM commands for monitoring and problem determination including DB2DART and DB2PD
• Very good hands on experience of HA and CA environments as well as Business Continuity solutions for supporting environments with 30TB+ databases including Availability Management solutions (Backup, Restore and Replication and REBUILD and TRANSPORT tools)
• Hands on experience of DB2 V9/7, V10.5 and 11.5 LUW
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Db2 replication technologies
• Hands-on experience in Disaster/recovery as well as working in a High Availability environment with aggressive SLAs
• Good understanding of LINUX REDHAT V7.0 and Windows Server 2016
• Understanding of KORN-SHELL scripting, C++, JAVA coding
• Good understanding on HADR with TSA clustering and share filesystems
• Good understanding of IBM TSM, Symantec/Veritas backup configurations
• Very good experience of DB2 Utilities including REORG, BACKUP, REBUILD, TRANSPORT, RESTORE, LOAD FROM CURSOR, DB2MOVE and more.
• Good understanding of data Encryption, auditing tools and security protocols
• Very good experience in SQL coding and DB2 scripting
• Hands-on Experience on Oracle 11G, RAC, SQL/Server 2012
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Honest, hardworking, loyal, patient, diligent, knowledge sharing and essential team player. Adaptable, approachable, reliable, helpful and trustworthy.
• Able to work in a pressured demanding environment especially when there are high severity incidents to resolve.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office tools including Visio, Powerpoint, Exel and Email
Knowledge of Storage and Backup h/w and s/w and Networking protocols
Functions : Human Resources
Industries : IT/Computers - Software, Real Estate
Skills/Roles I hire for: IT
level Hiring For: Junior Level, Mid Level, High Level, Top Management
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content