What we are looking for
SSH are looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 15 - 20yrs experience, to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role
Leads and mentors a design group and is responsible for large scale projects from bidding to delivery. You will contribute to the development of the company by supporting the Directors in the progressive evolution of SSH's design philosophy, research activities and technical development.
• Engineering Design
• Team Leading
• Client Interface
• Resource Planning
• Performance Evaluation
• Design Management
• Design Coordination
• Interface with Statutory Authorities
• Design Research
• Design Reviews
• Site back-up
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support with operational responsibilities.
• Contribute to preparation of bids.
• Lead the design team throughout the design stages.
• Responsible for key design input at early design phases and for general design leadership during the course of the project.
• Contribute from the onset of a project, to the design of innovative and progressive design solutions that reconcile SSH
and client's goals and priorities while fostering opportunities for design excellence.
• Make appropriate value judgement with respect to corrective work that supports the design concept and performance
goals of the project.
• To perform and direct material and building systems research and participate in the coordination and preparation of
• Set an example of leadership among team leaders.
• Participate in marketing and business development.
• Act as the client's point of contact for design related issues.
• Act as the project's design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Conduct performance evaluation reviews to subordinate (junior) team members.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider engineering community
What do I need to apply
• Developed Electrical Engineering Design skills.
• Appropriate project experience.
• Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Developed presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of international standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health & Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Completion of engineering degree program: BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering
• International Accreditation
SSH specialise in the delivery of world class, design-led projects in the MENA region. We are a multidisciplinary firm with a 50 year track record and expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure, interior design and project management.
We are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. Our aim is to raise the profile of sustainable design and engineering throughout our region by offering an exceptional blend of quality, innovation and value.
ABOUT SSH DESIGN
SSH (formerly Salem Al-Marzouk and Sabah Abi-Hanna) was founded in Kuwait in 1961. Since then, we have expanded to become one of the MENA region’s leading Architecture and Engineering firms.
We played a key role in the planning, design and delivery of modern Kuwait’s infrastructure. We have led many landmark projects that have re-shaped the nation’s skyline, enhanced its urban fabric, improved transportation networks and promoted economic growth.
Today, SSH International employs 500 people and has offices in Kuwait, Oman, Abu Dhabi and South Africa. We are currently ranked at number 97 in the world by World Architecture Magazine and at number 8 in our region.
We place a strong emphasis on design integrity and combine this with our unparalleled working knowledge of the region. These qualities have made SSH a trusted strategic partner of the world’s leading design firms.
SSH has always recruited high calibre people who bring expertise and innovation to every project. We have also maintained a strong ethical approach to running our business.
With 50 years’ experience, we have an exemplary track record and we remain firmly committed to raising the profile and quality of architectural and engineering projects throughout our region.
To be the architectural and engineering consultant, strategic partner and employer
of choice in the MENA Region
In order to realise our vision we will:
Provide regional leadership in delivering high standards of quality and value to our customers.
Collaborate with the world's leading designers, as projects require, delivering exceptional design and engineering services.
Continue to raise our international and regional profile through innovation and the proficient delivery of landmark projects.
Promote a performance-based culture throughout our whole business structure.
Employ and empower the best people in a creative environment to ensure we meet our customers' design and development challenges.
Support our people within an extended family work environment and we will promote a healthy work / life balance.
Ensure that openness and integrity are always at the core of everything we do as we strengthen relationships built on trust.
Build long term shareholder value through the realisation of our vision.
SSH will operate within strict legal and ethical guidelines in all of our activities. We will provide a challenging and rewarding environment for all employees and maintain a sharp focus on professional excellence, Health and Safety and environmental awareness.
We will strive to maintain and extend our creative, design, technical, process and commercial advantage over our competitors. Our collaborative approach will be reflected throughout our organisation and ensure that our customers and partners regard us as the ‘Go to Guys’ for design and project delivery throughout the region.
> INTERIOR DESIGN
> COST MANAGEMENT
> CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
> ENVIRONMENTAL GRAPHIC DESIGN
Functions : Construction
Industries : Construction & Engineering
Skills/Roles I hire for: Architecture, engineers
level Hiring For: Junior Level, Mid Level, High Level, Top Management
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content