To ensure efficient and effective CNC machining operations across all facilities, identifying and acting upon improvement opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Adherence and achievement of production plans
• Labour utilisation
• Machinery utilisation
• Machining cycle time
• Rejection rate
• Machinery downtime
• Maintain consumable inventory levels
• Material usage
Core Actions/Area of Responsibility
Manage and lead teams to achieve realisation of the company’s production outcomes, with a focus on:
Production Scheduling and Capacity
• Schedule, track and report day-to-day machining operations based on production priorities and overall plans.
• Elaborate detailed workflow plans based on finite machining capacity.
• Optimise factory layout.
• Establish machining production flow.
• Produce and maintain standard documentation in accordance with the company’s Quality Management Plan.
• Produce and maintain work instructions and standard procedures.
• Review and approve DFM drawings and CAD models.
• Provide engineering support to production functions by designing and manufacturing tools, machine components, jigs and fixtures.
• Prepare specification for procurement of materials, consumables and equipment.
• Utilise CAD software to perform engineering tasks.
• Utilise CAM software at a high level.
• Estimate labour, material and processing costs.
• Lead the development of machining methods and strategies to promote efficient and effective operations.
• Develop and implement machine maintenance plans based on prevention, breakdown response and calibration actions.
• Write, test and deploy software/scripting solutions to automate CAM functions.
• Complete production reports.
• Ensure full utilisation of people, material and machinery.
• Implement cost-reduction programmes.
• Estimate and fulfil manpower needs.
• Recruit skilled personnel and develop an effective leadership structure inside the department.
• Track and report material consumption.
• Support project tendering and bidding with machining estimations.
• Coach team members to performance excellence.
• Establish clear objectives and direction.
• Cultivate a culture of first time right.
• Facilitate and promote open and respectful dialogue inside the team.
Legal Obligations, Compliance & Risk Management
• Ensure personnel operates within H&S regulations.
• Ensure the function has the required processes and policies to comply with legal requirements and company values.
• Ensure a functional risk management process is in place.
Formal Qualification: Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
Experience: 5 years minimum experience in CNC machining of composite materials.
• Extensive knowledge in machining and CNC programming.
• Expertise in metrology, equipment calibration and GD&T.
• Demonstrated knowledge of composite components manufacturing.
• Basic ability in Catia, Rhino or another CAD software with the ability to generate 3D models and effective manufacturing drawings.
• Advanced ability in Autodesk PowerMill or other CAM software with the ability of developing or editing NC post-processors.
• Basic knowledge in C++ or Python programming languages.
• Demonstrated track record of introduction of innovative new processes and methods.
• Implementation of lean manufacturing techniques.
• Proven experience leading technical teams.
• Experience working in multicultural and cross-disciplinary teams.
• Excellent command of English language
VHR is an international technical recruitment organisation providing solutions to the Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine industries around the world.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content