Primary purpose of the role:
Project Engineer will be involved in providing analytical reviews on various corporate level projects and aide the senior management to take crucial operational decisions on existing and upcoming projects. They have to estimate the overall impact of the project on the organization and make sure that the amount of finance included in that particular project reaps profit for the company.
Key Accountability Areas
1 Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
2 Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
3 Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
4 Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
5 Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
6 Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
7 Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
8 Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
9 Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
10 Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
11 Review subcontractor BOQs and invoices for accuracy and completion
12 Research and identify industry and market best practices and techniques to implement into projects
13 Monitor project budgets and schedule and oversee performance to ensure on time, quality and on
budget project execution.
14 Monitor project budgets and schedule and oversee performance to ensure on time, quality and on
budget project execution.
15 Ensure that tenders meet company commercial guidelines and have the necessary sign off in accordance with the delegation of authority guidelines.
16 Familiar with the risks and hazards within the activities and processes of the role and procedures, practices and measures in place to mitigate the risks.
17 Making Pre-Qualification documents, both standards as well project specific questionnaires
18 Preparation of internal tender authorisation papers, presentations and documents.
19 Negotiation of terms and conditions of tenders with customers and suppliers to achieve the best commercial position.
20 Perform other adhoc / administrative duties assigned by the Line Manager
Education & Qualifications
▪ Degree in Engineering / Construction or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
▪ 8-10 years total experience in the field of Construction / Facility Management, with a minimum of 5 years experience in GCC region in similar role
▪ Experience in procurement, tendering process in the field of construction / Facility Management
▪ Experience of contract negotiation in a commercial environment
Knowledge & Skills
▪ Proven ability to manage building projects with a thorough in-depth knowledge of all types of buildings and construction techniques, including all commercial and contractual aspects.
▪ Planning and organising skills, analytical with problem solving skills, clear communicator, good team player
▪ Good computer skills (Microsoft office, AutoCAD, etc.)
▪ Basic knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
▪ Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
▪ Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
▪ Ability to read analyses and respond to common inquiries.
▪ Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal customers and employees.