We are a Grade A Contracting Company operating in Qatar for the last 4 decades. Our main field of specialization is Infrastructure projects involving the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of Potable/TSE water, sewerage & surface water networks with all associated works viz Pumping Stations, Valve Chambers, etc...
We are looking for Highly Qualified Project Managers with the following Essential Requirements:-
1. B.Sc.in Civil Engineering from a well reputed University, plus MBA as an advantage.
2. Having a min of 15 yrs experience in Infrastructure Works with min of 4 major contracts completed as the Project Manager in this field .
3. Age bet. 40 and 50 yrs.
4. Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
5. Full understanding of all facets of the construction process incl. AutoCAD, Planning, Quantity Surveying and Estimation.
6. Familiarity with construction management software packages and full knowledge of computer skills and software.
7. Strong & pleasant personality with excellent communication skills,
8. Excellent self correspondence & perfect English spoken and written. Arabic is an advantage
Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- To apply the relevant company's procedures and policies.
- To prepare all required resources allocation plans and to follow with related departments for supplying all such resources on time. Report any difficulty to the General Manager (GM) or Higher Management (HM) on time.
- To develop with the Planning Engr. a work program (the Cl 14 program) to complete the project within the specified completion period and to follow up with the Client until the Program is approved.
- To review with the Estimation Department the Contact Budget prices and closely follow up with the same ensuring that these prices are never exceeded. Should this be not the case under any circumstances, report this instant to the GM and the HM, giving full details and justifications.
- To establish the best relationship with the Client and the Consultant any never raise any heated arguments with them. Be polite in discussing issues and give them your full respect. Should there be any issues which require the intervention of the Higher Management dont hesitate to bring this to our attention.
- To ensure that all works are carried out in full accordance with the Contract Documents and local rules and regulations.
- To be mindful on factors of delays caused by the Client or the Consultant or any 3rd Parties and establish a log of all such factors and have them all nicely filed and updated on daily basis ready to be used for making your claims any time this is needed.
- To create a Daily Work Reporting system (DWR) and forward same to the Higher Management, the Client, and the Consultant as shall be instructed.
- To prepare a weekly or bi-weekly overall report as may be instructed on the status of the Contract (SOC) and discuss with the GM and HM as my be required.
- To attend all meetings with all related authorities as and when required.
- To follow up on procurement with the Main Office in-charge ensuring that all orders are placed and received on time and that all deliveries meet the Specs.
- To liaise with suppliers for approvals, deliveries, etc.
- To closely monitor the work of subcontractors working on site, ensuring their Progress is reported on daily basis and that they are always on time.
- To meet with your Construction Team periodically and review the Contract Status at all levels and correct deficiencies if found, noting that construction mistakes must be avoided.
- To prepare a weekly look-ahead program/target ensuring targets are met. Monitor site work progress closely ensuring that the contract is fully concluded and handed over to the Client on time. Should delays be encountered at any stage for any reason, this must be reported immediately reported to the GM and to the HM giving full details and suggestions on how to mitigate all such delays.
- To ensure that all QHSE procedures, QHSE objectives / Targets are implemented and complied with on site.