• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
• Control purchasing department budget.
• Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
• Managing purchasing information and systems.
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
• Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
• Administer on –line purchasing systems thru WWW.
• Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
• Locate vendors of material, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Maintain recodes of goods ordered and received.
• Oversee the preparation and processing of requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Prepare bid awards (if any) requiring management approval.
• Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
• Outsourcing strategy / development/ management.
• Stock and materials management.
• Warehousing, distribution, shipping management ( if applicable, or effective liaison with these functions / departments )
• Packaging and transport regulatory awareness, compliance and information communication
• Health and safety compliance.
• International trading issues / imports/ legal, awareness and management.
• Responsible for Departmental staff development, training.
Industries : Non-Ferrous Metals (Aluminium/Zinc etc.), Other
Skills/Roles I hire for: Various
level Hiring For: Junior Level, Mid Level, High Level, Top Management
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content