In charge of performing, a formal control and quality planning for the code movement process and therefore verifies the transition of components from development stage into other stages through formal verification procedure until reaching production environment.
Release management is concerned only with system/software implementation.
• Ensure that all components of a particular software release brought together and released accurately from one environment to other according to the plan and with high quality.
• Ensure proper release according to the current applied quality management system (QMS).
• Provide guidance and assistance to the development team and Application support team in the implementation of effective source and configuration change Management processes.
• Ensure software development release quality and stability through careful release, build and packaging controls.
• Perform deployment audits and monitor movement of the components from Development environment all the way to production environment.
• Participate in release meeting and prepare Release plan for the projects / enhancements or bug fixes
• Prepare Release and Announcement reports as needed.
• Review the MRF forms and release plans.
• Ensuring only correctly released, tested and Authorized Version of changes is in use.
• To manage communication and business owners expectation during the rollout of new release.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (ILLUSTRATIVE NOT EXHAUSTIVE):
• PMO (Project Management and User Services)
• IT Solutions & Developments
• IT Security
• IT Operations
• Quality Management Unit
• Application Support Unit
• Testing Unit
• IT Audit and Compliance
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
• 2 years experience in a similar position.
• Strong and proven ability to render clear documentation and system specifications from interviews/discussions/workshops
• Proven leadership of technical and non-technical teams
• Capable of performing tasks in dynamic/changing situations and, under stress, optimizing availability of system services to users.
• Languages: High Level of Arabic and English interpersonal skills and communication skills both written and oral
• Managing relationships
• Meeting customers’ needs
• Quality Conscious
• Commitment and pride
• Involving people