1. Maintain and interpret site drawings, topographical drawings, construction drawings, rebar
drawing and rebar schedules.
2. Setting out from the contract drawings/information, carry out surveys as and when required.
3. Be able to use robotic instruments, GPS instruments, lasers, levels etc.
4. Ensure works are carried out as per the contract drawings and specification.
5. Maintain records, site diary, quality assurance documentation, reports and records.
6. Provide as built information.
7. Ensure gangs are working correctly, implement and maintain permit to dig and other
relevant permits (if applicable). Assist/have responsibility for the Health and Safety matters
8. Communicate with the site manager/rest of the site team and assist with the organizing of
site, this would include materials, forecasting materials / plant required and sub-contract
9. Be able to attend meetings/deal with the client/inspectors
10. Be a point of contact for the clerk of works/client/gangers/sub-contractors to assist with the
progression of works and carry out any inspections required with any required party.
11. Assist with inputting information/duration to programme of works.
Be fully conversant with AutoCad an able to extract data from it for site purposes.
12. Be able to use other programmes to calculate volumes, DTMs etc, this would be a
programme such as AutoCad Civil 3d/NRG/N4CE/LSS etc.
13. Assist with tender preparation, be able to calculate volumes / material take offs / material
forecasting from drawings.
14. Be able to run sections on their own (or a site).
15. Be able to step up from reporting to a site manager/foreman etc to be the responsible
16. Be able to organise labour / plant / materials to achieve programme dates.
17. Represent the company, go to site meetings, meet and discuss works with the client or other
18. Be confident in decision making without having to ring others to check first.
19. Be the point of contact for the company on this particular site
20. Be able to be the technical adviser on site, for example that the designer can go to discuss
items with and discuss/generate ideas/solutions as the best way forward.
21. Be able to produce drawings in AutoCad format.
22. Be able to produce programme of works.
23. Ensure all Health and Safety matters are carried out/completed and maintained. This would
include inductions/LOWLER/PUWER/Temp works/relevant inspections.
14. Produce Method Statements and risk assessment
Must hold a valid EPP license - those without EPP licenses will not be considered
Ideal candidate should be able to join immediately and preferably based in Bahrain