APPLICATION SPECIALIST – P2P
The Application Specialist position works as part of the application support team, to assist with solution support and development activities. Applicant must possess Ariba Suite applications ( P2P, SLP) with SAP MM knowledge base, together with deployment and domain expertise.
It is also expected from Application specialist to collaborate with other stakeholders to find the right fit and build consensus to support business case and benefits realisation.
The P2P application specialist is responsible for smooth running of the procurement solution- Ariba P2P, across Automotive, Retail and Real Estate divisions with a broader view of implementing and expanding to other regions and companies of AFG.
The primary focus of the role will be on providing support to the business users with respect to the P2P process and system usage, help in rolling out AribaP2P. Application Specialist should have the calibre of grasping business processes and P2P solutions in order to keep the business running
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Description of the Accountability Performance Indicators (How accountability is measured)
• Knowledgeable of procure to pay process, Ariba P2P suite with SAP MM. Customer Focus, assisting and helping users and supporting business with day to day activities by resolving SRs and incidents .
• Liaise with Vendor and the Change Management team for problem resolution and deployment of system changes.
• Ensure compliance with IT Policies, Security Standards and strengthen internal controls.
• Knows user problems and anticipates their needs. Assists with identifying issues and communicates to effectively resolve problems and recognizes the service needs associated with a customer-focused business model.
• Quickly learns business processes and P2P solutions in order to keep the business running
• Displays proactive communication with the client (i.e., face-to-face meetings and phone calls are more frequent than emails).
• Performance against agreed business service level agreements (SLA’s)
• Adoption of standard & improvised solutions
• Work with internal and external implementation team members and partners to contribute to the development, testing and deployment of solutions.
• Adheres to software development and maintenance standards by maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of internal and external development best practices.
• Estimate and deliver multiple projects assignments and system change requests as per agreed resourcing and timelines with required quality. • Accuracy in development estimates given
• Solution delivery on-time and within budget
• Compliance with development standards and best practices
Other Key Responsibilities
• To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders in IT to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics as one IT team.
• Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.Maintains regular communication with team members (e.g., face-to-face, via voicemails, emails. Develops positive relationships with the business and vendor team while delivering tasks.
• Proactively collaborates with teammates to anticipate and respond to issues that could impact solution delivery (change in scope, arising issues). Partners internal and external resources to optimize client impact.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work with multi-functional teams, shares knowledge and experience through training and communications with business users and internal team
• Contribution to business excellence initiatives within EIT
• Peer appreciation and feedback
College or University degree in Computer Science/ IT / Computer Applications and SAP ERP knowledge
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
• Minimum of (4) years of experience in the support, design, configuration, testing, debugging, delivery of P2P processes – Ariba Suite ( P2P , SLP) and SAP MM.
• Intermediate to in-depth knowledge of procurement business processes and source to pay solutions.
• Experience with and understanding of Ariba integration with ERP , Commerce Automation and SLP.
• Simple to Intermediate knowledge of SAP ECC 6 will be considered attractive.
• Knowledge of using SAP Solution Manager for managing projects and change management
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
• The candidate should have functional and configuration knowledge in all areas of Ariba P2P Suite, and SAP ECC 6.
• Understand integration points of Ariba P2P and SAP ECC and Integration with other Ariba modules.
• Procurement business process knowledge stretching across Automotive, Real Estate, Trading & Retail Industries.
• Understands delivery within a context of possible constraints (e.g., cost, schedule) and able to operate effectively within those constraints.
• Proficient in design, deliver and manage the customized Ariba P2P solutions and its interface with external systems- Buyer Login , Supplier Login.
• Understand the business requirements and translate it into functional and technical specifications
• Experience in conducting Super User and End User Trainings, creating and publishing end user training manuals.
Functional Expertise for Ariba Suite Solutions as below:
o Ariba P2P, SLP and Commerce Automation
o SAP ECC 6 MM
IT Change Management
• Customer focus, Sound influencing skillset
• Integreity, Ethics and Values
• Ability to learn new technologies
• Presentation and report writing
• Adaptability and Innovative thinking
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload