• Design/architect, implement and ultimately support critical databases.
• Manage SQL Server DBs through multiple lifecycle environments – Dev, QA, Staging and Production
• Make architectural recommendations and spearhead project discussions to migrate this key investment into a fully-redundant, scalable infrastructure on the cloud (PaaS)
• Use deep technical knowledge to analyze and solve critical issues, providing end-to-end problem resolution
• Extensive working knowledge of Windows 2K12, SQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 from a DBA & DBO perspective, Active Directory, IIS, etc.
• Assist Development with complex query tuning and schema refinement
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities, sometimes after hours
• Play an integral part in performance tuning/troubleshooting; help answer the question – is it the application, the DB or the network
• Monitor and report on system performance
• Plans and analyzes risk associated with system upgrades
• Designs, implements and administers backup and disaster recovery solutions for key databases
• Helping to implement, deliver and test backups in a way which meets key Recovery Point Objectives
• Support and improve the reliability, stability and scalability of all platforms
• Work closely with the Management team to define project requirement clarity and schedule
• Prepare and present status, technical and management reports as required
• Troubleshooting DB server service outages as they occur, including after-hours/weekend support
• Help define and implement DB High Availability strategies including DB Clustering and
Always- on availability groups.
• As new applications are implemented, help choose the best Recovery Time/Recovery Point objectives, including DB High Availability strategies including DB Clustering and Always-on availability groups, log shipping, replication, etc.
• Install and configure new DB servers from scratch
Functions : Human Resources
Industries : IT/Computers - Software, Real Estate
Skills/Roles I hire for: IT
level Hiring For: Junior Level, Mid Level, High Level, Top Management
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content