JOB DESCRIPTIONStrategic Planning
Delivery of Healthcare Services
- In collaboration with the corporate leadership, develop the short-term and long-term strategic plan and implementation plan for all businesses in GCC.
- Ensure that the strategic plan is articulated both internally and externally, and effectively delegate key activities to ensure timely execution of the initiatives.
- Drive growth and increase market and shareholder value of the organization.
- Identify and evaluate new business or market opportunities and revenue sources and financially evaluate these options before presenting to the Board for consideration.
- Ensure all investment projects meet ROI benchmarks, are viable within the overall strategy and objectives and are in the best commercial and strategic interests of the organization.
Financial Management and Fundraising
- Responsible for the designing and strategy of marketing, promotion, delivery, risk management and quality of all hospital healthcare programs and services in GCC.
- Ensure that policies and practices effectively support sound and safe patient care, and the delivery of healthcare services provides the highest level of positive experience to patients.
- Enhance operational infrastructure with strong focus on technology and financial governance.
Community and Public Relations
- Responsible for the P&L management of the region's business and performance against overall financial and operational metrics given in the budget.
- Recommend annual budget for Board approval and ensure prudent management of resources within those budget guidelines.
- Plan and manage the organization's revenues and expenditures in GCC. Ensure appropriate internal and management controls are established and maintained.
- Play an instrumental fundraising role which includes identifying resource requirements, and in developing and cultivating relationships that will support and enhance fundraising efforts.
Board administration and support
- Ensure effective, fair and transparent communication in the organization across GCC.
- Through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, assure that hospitals and their mission, programs, essential services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders, including patients, physicians, employees, benefactors and taxpayers.
- Be actively involved in the community through service organization membership, speaking engagements, community forums, educational offerings and other opportunities to communicate the organization's mission and vision to the wider community.
- Effectively manage matters related to stakeholders, employees, governments and the public.
- Support the operations and administration of the Board of Directors by maintaining continual, open and effective communication with the Board members and the medical team.
- Facilitate relationships between the Board and the senior leadership team.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and country specific laws and regulations as they apply to operations of the units in GCC.
- Ensure quality accreditations are achieved in relevant businesses along with Business Heads.
- Create and foster a dynamic culture which strives for growth, continuous improvement and self-development through the organization's values and rewards performance.
- Build a strong performance oriented and collaborative culture across businesses in alignment with the key values and philosophy of the organization.
- Ensure effective people management in the region according to organizational policies that fully conform to the current laws and regulations.
- Mentor/ coach direct reports to enhance capability/ effectiveness in each of their businesses.
Advanced Qualification / Certification
- Works closely with internal stakeholders such as the Chairman and the Board, Business Heads and CXOs on matters related to alignment of initiatives and strategies with the vision and mission of the organization, for providing guidance and ensuring smooth implementation of goals, discussing budgets, IT enablement, HR challenges and quality processes.
- Works closely with external stakeholders such as regulatory bodies and government officials. Accreditation partners, local community, private equity investors, healthcare forums, media partners and patients and acts as a representative of the organization's facilities in India externally, to the community, government and media partners.
20-25 years directly related experience with community healthcare facilities of similar and structure (e.g., independent hospital, rural community hospital, critical access hospital) preferred.Specific / Relevant Experience
15 years experience in a leadership role in a healthcare organization with multiple business lines of a similar and structure.
ABOUT THE TEAMAster Hospitals
, one of the largest private healthcare service providers in GCC, aim to make a difference with our patient-centric approach to medical care and an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence. Currently, Aster Hospitals are located in 4 countries in the GCC specializing in primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare.
These include Aster Hospitals (Mankhool and Al Qusais) in UAE, Aster Al Raffah Hospitals (Muscat, Sohar and Ibri) in Oman, Aster Hospital (Doha) in Qatar and Aster Sanad Hospital (Riyadh) in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia delivering on a simple yet strong promise to its people: 'We'll treat you well.' Overall, Aster DM Healthcare Group has a strong presence in GCC and is an emerging healthcare provider in India with 25 hospitals, 116 clinics and 238 pharmacies manned by 20,500+ workforce (including approx. 1250 doctors on fee for service basis) from across the geographies.