Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Are you committed, thorough and outgoing Do you have a good understanding of business and experience of international tax Would you like to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and commercially-driven environment within an integrated global network If so, please read on. The opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax professional to join a growing team in an emerging market. As a Transaction Tax Senior, your primary focus will be to help clients understand and address the tax implications of the transactions that are strategically important to them - acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructurings or initial public offerings - and you'll be actively involved in the technical development and delivery of ideas to help clients mitigate transaction risk, enhance opportunity and negotiate effectively. With an influx of foreign investment and local companies expanding their outbound activities, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. Our Tax service line in MENA is experiencing a period of significant growth so now is an excellent time to join. Sound interesting Your key responsibilities
You will be participating in the successful delivery of transaction tax engagements and assisting managers or above with identifying and pursuing new business opportunities. You will contribute to building and maintainingclient relationships by delivering exceptional client serviceand collaborate with a team of Transaction Tax professionals in the UAE, across the MENA region and globally to combine diverse cross-border experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries.
You will work as part of a multi-jurisdictional / disciplinary team within tax and across other service lines (including working with colleagues from Transfer Pricing, International Tax Services, Indirect Tax, People Advisory Services etc.) in terms of pursuing and delivering engagements and assist in managing engagement economics by suggesting engagement budgets, tracking fees and communicating issues to project managers.
You will be building strong internal relationships within the regional and global transaction tax team and across other service lines. You will also assist with the development of more junior staff through coaching, delegation and on the job trainingwhilst taking ownership of continuous technical knowledge development through on the job learning and self-development. Skills and attributes for success
If you are client driven, strategically and commercially aware, an excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral, enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work, a strong motivator and interested in developing a career in transaction tax, you will be perfect for the role. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you will also have
- Bachelor's Degree in Tax, Economics, Accounting, Finance or a related field, an approved professional qualification or equivalent (e.g. ADIT / ATT / ACCA / CPA / ACA / CA / LLB or MBA, or MA, MSc or PhD in Tax, Economics, Accounting or Finance)
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Tax experience, in either business or industry
- Prior exposure to tax issues encountered during a transaction process, with focus on inbound and outbound investments
- Strong organisational, project delivery, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven track record with a leading professional services firm
- Experience of delivering on transaction tax projects and on the job coaching of more junior team members
What we look for
- Proficiency in Arabic language
You will proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in the international tax landscape so that you can better advise our clients. In return we will invest in you through appropriate training and offer you exciting opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you are well-placed to develop your tax career as far as possible.
The types of projects you may contribute towards are:
- Acquisitions into new and/or existing markets
- Tax assistance on initial public offerings
- Vendor Due Diligence
- Group structure reorganization and/or rationalisation upon an acquisition or divestment
- Review of holding structures, capital structures and financing arrangements
No matter the projects and assignments that you will work on, you can be confident that you will be contributing towards helping our clients develop and execute their international tax strategy and ensuring that technical excellence and the highest levels of client service are provided. What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.