Job Requisition ID: 96564
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You'll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Senior Sales Advisors role is to help maximize the store sales and to ensure that sales associates on the sales floor provide a first class customer experience. Carryout the responsibilities assigned by commercial department manager from time to time
• Coordinates staffing to have enough cover in the right place at the right time to deliver the sales plan.
• Knows sales targets, raises awareness of daily/weekly sales and encourages sales assistant's upselling.
• Helps CDM to complete probes and prepare SWOT.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the fashion trends and competition and supports CDM to identify opportunities to drive sales.
• Ensures stock availability for opening and throughout the trading day.
• Can read SLS report; follow up top 10 and top 30 sellers and supports CDM to identify areas of growth in BU s and T department level.
• Understands customer conversion system and supports CDM to use this information to drive conversion, ATV (Average Transaction Value), IPC (Item per Customer) and maximize sales.
Layout and Look
• Executes layout change and flexing footage for events.
• Implements departmental layout and promotions in line with seasonal changes.
• Understands VM concepts: sequential links, SILIBI, stories, windows and sight lines.
• Controls the cubing and ordering on the floor.
• Controls the ticketing principles on the floor including eye level and high level decors.
• Ensures that the store equipment is in proper condition and store lighting is well functioning.
• Takes part in commercial walk and is able to describe key trends, stories and best sellers.
• Reviews top and bottom selling lines weekly with CDM for stock order or stock consolidation.
• Monitors the availability of NOOSE lines, prepares the report on time and keep the team informed about NOOSE lines.
• Looks for opportunities to enhance the delivery receiving process and decrease stock loss.
• Regularly reviews high stockholding areas for the responsibility area with CDM and implements decided action to ensure minimum stockholding in the backstage.
• Ensures that the backstage remains neat and organized with proper equipment is in place to increase the speed of replenishment.
• Reviews BTF with CDM to capitalize on sales opportunity.
• Keeps the huddle board update and ensures replenishment is completed, and CDM updated.
• Actively demonstrates and role models service - Doing the Right Thing principles.
• Acts as a senior contact on the sales floor for customers and lead the staff, flag issues to CDM
• Ensures maintaining the mystery shopper criteria are well presented on the floor
• Makes sure that the fitting room procedures are followed correctly
• Attends comp shop and demonstrates an awareness of the service proposition among competition
• Supports CDM to deliver the elements of The Service Pyramid to provide an easy to shop environment with engaging staff who are delivering Rhythm and Routine, Basic Services and Delight. (Clean, nice smelling, well maintained, proper music, shopping tools in reach, staff well-presented and engaged on floor, at tills and fitting rooms, etc.)
• Is aware of criteria included in Mystery Shopper and CSI.
• Supports awareness on service measurements on the shop floor and executes improvement actions as assigned.
• Suggests recognition based on observations to reward and recognize excellent service in store on a regular basis.
Health and Safety
• Ensures adherence to Health and Safely guidelines at all times. Ensures any potential risks to customers or employees are addressed immediately.
• Reports any store maintenance issues and follows up as instructed.
• Ensures staff rooms, break rooms and toilets are clean and good working conditions.
• Ensures that the customer prayer rooms and toilets if available are on perfect condition.
People Policies and Procedures
• Communicates changes to team members as requested.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the HR policies, can reach available policies.
• Prepares and follows the staff activity sheet.
• Monitors the back stage and staff areas are up to business standards to create a motivating atmosphere.
• Supports CDM in communicating and cascading key messages including delivering daily briefs.
• Is aware of employee engagement survey, results and actions.
• Covers for CDM in their absence ensuring open communication and fair approach to all team members.
• Takes an active role in ensuring all existing and new employees develop the skills to perform well in the role.
• Keeps up to date with relevant information about business, store and section and shares knowledge and experience with other team members.
• Provides feedback about team members to CDM to support PDR process.
• Supports efficient use of FTE in the store.
• Focuses on to lower Marked &Damaged and Till Discrepancy within team members.
• Trains the team to lower exchange and returns for the respective business unit
• Executes fitting room check, asks for CCTV footage of suspicious customers to minimize stock loss.
• Manages GM and Food shrinkage targets through accurate management of all stock systems and people processes.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash management procedures and provides feedback to Admin Manager when cash management procedures are not met.
• Actively supports cost reduction initiatives in the store.
• Demonstrates awareness of shrinkage and discrepancy measures used across the store and supports improvement.
Senior Sales Assistants at M&S need to provide an example on the shop floor - they are relied on to guide and help the sales assistants working with them. Their role is critical in ensuring the success of the store and the growth of the business.
Minimum Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge:
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of customer service principles and processes
• Knowledge of sales principles
• Relevant product knowledge and training
• Experience in a retail, customer service or sales environment
• Basic business administration knowledge
• Confident and clear communicator
• Awareness of the impact of behaviour and performance
• Awareness of level of authority
• Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
• Knowledge of the Marks and Spencer brand
We're here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click 'apply': Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.