About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You'll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.About You
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
About the Role
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate Certification
- 4 - 5 years Retail managerial experience, preferably in IKEA (bedroom or living room)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
- Good written and verbal English
- Computer literate
- Good Understanding of Business & Finance
- Strong leadership and team management skills
You are responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the Home Furnishing Business (HFB) to strengthen IKEA's position as the 'Top of the Mind' home furnishing store in the local market. Your responsibility includes leading showroom co workers, providing support and developing them in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the showroom while ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system (Tasks of the IKEA store).Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure the store is in a pristine condition at all times and has a strong commercial basic level in your business area during all opening hours (4basics as per IKEA standard).
- Together with the Com & In department you secure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in your business area and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist.
- Planning and implement commercial calendar of the year.
- Improve ease of shopping in the store by efficiently working with mechanical sale tools.
- To be a Product Knowledge expert to ensure the highest level of Customer Service.
- Together with the Commercial team you ensure that sales forecasts of all products in your BA are adapted to the sales pattern so that the ordering process of goods leads to a healthy stock situation.
- You phase in and out range continuously during the year.
- Your secure that all products in your Business Area are displayed according to the merchandising basics (clean, price tag, well assemble, no damage) during all opening hours.
- To achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the Market hall Sales Manager for your area (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI)
People Management and Development
- Manage the selection, training and development programs for new co-workers
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the sales co-workers when vacancies arise
- Ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives
- Motivate the sales staff towards achievement of work objectives. Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the sales co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
- Provide the Showroom Sales Manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
- Coach, communicate and co-ordinate junior members in the team in order to ensure the best possible Customer Service to the customer.
#LI-POST19A few more things for you
Interest Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, 'apply': Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.