Job Description :Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneJob Description:
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done Parsons is now hiring an experienced Smart Airports SME/Program Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community. In this role you will be responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in depth knowledge of client objectives, contractterms and corporate policies.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience coordinating projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and closeout will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need ourProgram Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skillsSmart Airports Subject Matter Expert (SME)/ Program ManagerAbu Dhabi, UAEOPPORTUNITY:
Parsons provides consultancy services for one of the prestigious airport projects in the UAE. The project is currently midway through the ORAT development stage, and the client is keen to get input from the best and most experienced SME to ensure the delivery of the digital transformation roadmap, which is integral to the opening process and positive reputation matching the prestige of the new terminal.
The SME will bring experience in understanding the airport environment, passenger journeys, airport processes, and product/technology availability for delivery of projects. Additionally, the SME will act as an interface with internal and external stakeholders to drive engagement and alignment across projects. This role requires a good working knowledge of airport processes, the ability to act as an interface with Airport Operations on SOPs, as well as interface with the technology/Smart Airport program, to drive delivery of digital solutions to enable the passenger experience.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the delivery of the Digital Transformation Roadmap
- Assist the client in developing required scope and specifications for the project lifecycle, including business cases, procurement scope of work, etc.
- Engage with outsourced vendors/partners to align the delivery program, ensuring governance and consistent decision making
- Assist the client in analyzing/ developing techniques to reduce queue and wait times without compromising security and safety of passengers
- Support initiatives for real-time personalized information and services for passengers; real-time intelligence for integrated airport operational processes; and intelligent automation of processes
- Support the implementation of other technologies such as AI, machine learning, Blockchain, biometrics, IoT, automation, Location Based Services, mobile apps, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Prepares correspondence, written reports, presentations, for the Government and in briefing tenants and senior personnel.
- Schedules and coordinates project interactions among existing and occupied facilities.
- Manages interdisciplinary teams of professionals and supporting labor categories.
- Integrates competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
- Experience and familiarity with Federal and Local Government office building projects, with procedural requirements, review requirements, and approval requirements.
- Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers.
- Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Responsible for the development and distribution of a one to two page description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Engineering or other related technical/business field
15+ years of related relevant management experience on large programs, with at least 5 years in a leadership role in an Airport Management/ Smart Airports projec1t capacity and similar change program environment.
Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
Professional registration may also be required.
Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project.
Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and Digital Transformation delivery.
Parsons project management certification may be required.
Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications.