When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we'd be pretty surprised if talabat didn't pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we've grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem - our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.What's on your plate
What did we order
- Setting up, defining and managing the budget for the supply chain function ( DC & Demand ) within the country
- Set overall Supply Chain strategy and define standards as per Regional supply chain guidelines
- Directing and managing the supply chain function at the country level taking care of people development, facilitating coordination, efficiency, effectiveness across local functions and assuring availability of key staff and resources
- Monitoring and managing the DC management , Transport and Traffic costs against the budget
- Ensuring compliance with regional standards and local policies and practices
- Coordinating and directing DC manager (i.e. selecting staff, planning shifts, routine and preventive maintenance, ), transport and traffic operations
- Facilitating the coordination with stores/merchandisers to optimize service level and overall efficiency
- Ensuring data availability for production of reports as required
- Monitoring overall supply chain operations to ensure supply chain-related shrinkage is minimized
Ensuring interaction with local functions (Commercial, OPS, Inventory Control) to optimize the country supply chain
- Ensuring accomplishment/continuous improvement of current performance against best practices and corporate standards (in warehouse - demand and transportation)
- Ensuring that new stores opened in the country comply with established supply chain system
- Define the best practices of demand and supply planning and also set the KPIs and guidance to supply chain teams on effective development techniques
- Work on forecasting accuracy and availability of SKUs in store along with the demand planner lead
- Review organization Supply Chain structures and staffing levels to ensure effective and cost-efficient support to business
- Identify team capacity building opportunities and promote training and other development activities
- Ensure effective season management across Stores (stock balancing, stock analysis, stock vs sales performance)
- Set the replenishment model from Supplier to DC and stores along with Demand planners
- Responsible for optimizing the inventory in the DC and stores
- Define KPI and prepare the various report with analytics team for Country GMs
- You have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in supply chain, demand planning and warehouse management
- You come with an experience in retail groceries, ideally
- Analytical skills, big data manipulation + advanced ease with excel
- You have experience in forecasting models and suppliers scheduling
- You have experience in setting up warehouse and implementation of warehouse management system
- You are very detail-oriented, structured and know how to prioritize -- you consider yourself as someone who delivers solutions and not bottlenecks to be solved.
- You are able to interact with senior-level executives and can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools.