When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we'd be pretty surprised if talabat didn't pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we've grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem - our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.Whats on your plate
What did we order
- Managing the full operations end to end (team operations, inventory management, pick-pack process, property/asset management, operational standards, expense control, maintenance related).
- Inventory management: Ensure correct processes, policies and proper execution of inventory management (stock-in and stock-out). Shrink/Expiry control and Quality focus (in terms of inventory no damaged or poor fresh food quality close to expiry).
- Pick-Pack process: Ensure efficient and correct pick and pack process and service level (starting with ensuring availability, picking up the correct item/quantity) & proper management of the staffing and scheduling as per demand to achieve desired UTR and service level.
- Property / Asset management: Proper management of the property and facility, plus asset management and tracking.
- Expense Control: Identify potential opportunities to reduce expenses with same operational efficiency.
- Maintenance related: Define the guidelines for all engineering and maintenance tasks / equipment / key activities i.e. outsourcing VS internal services, local VS regional contracts, preventive maintenance plan, etc.
- Managing Productivity, work standards, and development of store staff.
- Monitoring and managing the store costs VS budget for the section.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of current performance VS accepted standard/best practices at the store (i.e. stock level, productivity, service level).
- Monitoring financial and operational performance of each store and initiating required actions for improvement.
- Controlling and ensuring that equipment, infrastructure, etc. in stores are used and maintained properly.
- Developing action plans with the department manager to address weak areas in need of improvement.
- Instituting training and developmental programs for staff and monitoring effective implementation.
- Monitoring product range availability according to selected store product range.
- Develop preventive and regular maintenance plans
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in progressive development and management of multiple product categories, matured by working for large retailers, in an international setting. If you have worked for a fulfilment, e-commerce, FMCG retail business it is a plus.
- You have built teams and led cross-functional projects at scale.
- You are very detail-oriented, structured and know how to prioritize -- you consider yourself as someone who delivers solutions and not bottlenecks to be solved.
- You are able to interact with senior-level executives and can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools.
- Additionally, you have robust interpersonal and intercultural skills. You can inspire several teams and stakeholders to rally behind a mission.
- Language skills: Fluent English and Arabic would be highly advantageous.