Your tasks will include:
1. Secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience through all channels by ensuring that your department is always striving to fulfil the three IKEA customer motivators: Is it worth it , Can I trust IKEA , Is there something for me
2. Ensure your shopkeepers have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run their shops successfully and ensure their co-workers are ready and available to serve customers and help them buy.
3. Deliver and lead the commercial action plan for your store; taking input from the team and the matrix manager to ensure the department supports the achievement of the agreed goals for the country, maximises sales and generates sustained long-term profitability.
4. Secure successful implementation of country priorities and the sharing and implementing of good solutions.
5. Ensure your shopkeepers understand the multichannel retail environment they are working in and know how to use this in the best and most commercial way for different customers.
6. Analyse the qualitative performance of your store using IKEA research tools to improve the IKEA mechanical sales system and easy buying process through all channels.
7. Know your local market potential and work with your team and other functions to ensure your store is locally relevant throughout the different sales channels.
8. Follow up your financial goals, KPIs and costs, and take action on deviations.
9. Motivate and develop team members by agreeing clear goals, expectations and conducting follow-ups.
10. Secure competent and high-performing teams and leaders who inspire and empower every co-worker to recognise and understand their contribution. Identify and develop the many talents within the department to secure succession planning.
11. Understand the IKEA social and environmental commitments and know how you can contribute to sustainability
Your knowledge, skills, and experience include:
1. Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus. Experience of leading and developing people with good results.
2. Experience of setting and implementing action plans, budgets and following up goals. Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through departmental actions. Experience of taking commercial decisions based on local market information.
3. Ability to manage a variety of activities in parallel. Ability to communicate in English.
4. Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans. Ability to confront and manage poor performance.
5. Proven ability to understand cause and effect of decisions