Act as overall in-charge of depot and ensure safe, economic, smooth and timely distribution, availability and supply of petroleum products to ADNOC distribution service stations and customer sites. Ensures effective utilization of company resources (manpower, road tankers), inventory control, quality control and safe handling of equipment's and products.
Supply Chain Planning and Operations
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Support team for accurate preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly product demand plans based on the sales estimates provided by Sales, Marketing and Aviation department and existing stock and inventory level at ADNOC distribution terminals.
- Supervises staff in various concerned depot control rooms and prepares duty roster of control room supervisors and operators. Ensures staffs have appropriate training and administrative support to undertake the control room operation efficiently.
- Supervises the safe, secure and 24-hour operation of the product loading and unloading at the depot including exercising quality control of the products stored to prevent contamination of product during receipt, storage and loading.
Distribution Planning and Scheduling
- Ensures preparation of Daily Product Dispatch program and its execution by Dispatch Supervisors.
- Coordinates with Sales Departments on urgent deliveries not covered in Daily Dispatch program.
- Ensures staffs have appropriate training and administrative support to undertake the distribution operation efficiently.
- Ensure follows up of product delivery requirements for the Service Stations and arranges for prompt delivery.
- Oversee and supervise that the delivery schedule is in accordance with local and federal regulation for tanker movement. Stay aware of rules and regulations (traffic rules) including getting road permits from traffic department in all the emirates.
- Coordinates with centralized VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) team leader to update status of vehicles monitoring, generate performance reports and violations management.
- Liaises with other Distribution Team leaders concerning the receipt of products and Truck loading in the event of Ship delays or shortage of products.
- Monitors & investigates the Product returns by customers due to logistical reasons to be within the acceptable percentage.
- Monitors the Daily Dispatch Report for pending deliveries and sales orders, with the Dispatch Supervisors and Customers. Acts as an interface with the customers for any issues related to delivery of orders and ensures that all pending orders are cleared within a reasonable time.
Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance
- Liaises with depot maintenance staff in keeping loading meters properly calibrated, product pumps, valves, pressure relief valves and associated paraphernalia properly maintained in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Program and on a required basis.
- Follows up preventive maintenance program of company road tankers in coordination with the fleet Maintenance section. Checks Work Orders for repair of company vehicles and keeps the Department
- Manager informed on frequent break downs of Road Tankers and recommends for replacement using Vehicle tracking system.
- Maintains and updates record of all road tankers (company or contractor). Monitors haulage of contractor vehicles, expiry dates, follow up of renewals and advises Despatch supervisor accordingly.
- Maintains and updates record of all required security and airport passes for Drivers and road tankers (company or contractor). Coordinate with General services department for timely renewal of passes.
- Keeps record of company vehicles registrations and follows up for renewals with fleet maintenance and general services department.
- Controls product losses/gains to be within approved limits and compiles monthly stock and product movement statements for all storage facilities and products at the depots.
- Ensures sufficient quantities of dye material are available to be added into gasoline during the pumping process and ensures that the correct ratios are blended for each delivery.
Inspection, Audit and Accident Investigation
- Attends the major and minor accidents and normal breakdowns. Prepares accident report and recommends remedial and appropriate actions. Prepares monthly accident and breakdown report for Department Manager.
- Conducts periodic site inspections, observes staff, and prepares intermittent reports relating to observance of fire and safety rules and regulations and staff adherence to same and training requirements in these areas.
New Projects and Expansion
- Review and provide technical support/ inputs for all major modifications and projects proposal related to his areas of responsibility and coordinates their execution.
- Participate in projects reviews like HAZOP, HSEIA, HAZID and Risk Assessment etc. as and when required.
Performance monitoring, control and optimization
- Leads development of periodic performance and achievements reports, including operating expenses of depot/ terminals, transportation costs, inventory losses etc. and identify continuous improvement areas.
- Support Supply Chain Department manager in planning, developing, and implementing new methods and procedures designed to reduce overall operating costs and optimize the utilization of manpower, materials and assets.
Delivery Operations Management
- Ensures PDN/PTN/SDNs (Product Delivery/Transfer Note/ Supplementary Delivery Note), and timely update of registers and database. Ensures that all PDN/PTNs are forwarded to Supply section after verification on daily basis. Ensures that cancellations and errors in issuing PDN/PTNs are minimized and reasons for cancellation are recorded and forwarded to Supply section, for further action, on daily basis.
- Directs and supervises activities of Dispatch staff to ensure smooth and timely delivery of products to Filling Stations, Depots and Customers. Ensures that adequate resources are identified / available and avoids variations. Meets schedules and deadlines to meet customer requirements and satisfaction.
Customer Relationship Management
- Acts as the customer liaison person to follow up, inform or advise customers of delivery issues. Contacts customers for any delivery problems and replies to their queries related to product requirements and deliveries.
- Assists in providing customers with the service and support as outlined in the SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Inspects and approves customer sites to ensure use of proper tankers according to customer tank capacity, specific connection requirements, and road conditions. ( repeated below)
- Responds to online registered Customer complaints and provide corrective and preventive actions done.
- Advices/Instructs the Supervisors to visits to customer sites to check suitability, use of proper tankers and validate whether customer location are compliant with HSE rules and regulations.
- Supervises and controls movements of company and contractor road tankers, ensuring cost-effective utilization of Transport Fleet, associated equipment's.
- Ensures Fleet availability and in good working condition for smooth delivery of products.
- Oversee and monitor the performance of the contractor and leased vehicles including utilization, daily trip report, safety violation, breakdown, daily stop, etc. Track the maintenance downtime for contractor vehicles,
- Receive the invoices of leased contractor and contractor (normal) review and approve based on the actual utilisation and then forward it to finance department for payment. Approve overtime for drivers etc.
- Provide rates for new sites for which contractors/ leased contractors will be taking delivery in line with contract terms and conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business related field
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years of experience in depot and terminal operations in Oil and Gas Industry, including 3-4 years at managerial level.