Title – Technician for Multi brand vehicles
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
2. JOB TITLE
- Perform quality servicing and repairs, on all mechanical devices or body elements, so as to return them to manufacturer's specifications.
Reports to Workshop Supervisor
- Receives work and Job Card from the Workshop Supervisor.
- Places protective devices (seat cover, paper floor mats, steering cover, fender cover) on the vehicle.
- Collects the vehicle after receiving the Job Card, and delivers the vehicle back to parking area or hand-over to the Workshop Supervisor.
- Diagnoses and rectifies the defect and fixes the vehicle within the time allowed. In the event of complications, refers the matter to the Workshop Supervisor.
- In case the work involves the use of Checklist, performs each requirement and ticks on the Checklist, before moving to the next item. The Checklist shall be signed on completion of the job, as recommended by Peugeot.
- If it is essential to break the time on the job, immediately clocks off the job and on to the new one given by the Workshop Supervisor, and does not recommence work until clocked back and on the original allocated job.
- If any parts are required, prepare the requisition, and after approval by the Workshop Supervisor collects the parts from the Parts counter. If the part to be replaced is under warranty, tags and takes to the Warranty Supervisor.
- Searches for information in the available documentation (technical manuals, repair booklets).
- Identifies additional work and nonconformances. Rapidly communicates them to the Workshop Supervisor and writes them down on the Job Card.
- Informs the Workshop Supervisor of any incident which might cause a delivery delay.
- Ensures the presentation of the vehicle viz. resetting of equipment and accessories, cleanliness, returns non-warranty parts by placing them in the bag (in which the new part was given) in the boot of the vehicle.
- Applies the manufacturer's directives and safety rules.
- Tidies up and cleans the work area, and all the tools used (individual or collective).
- Maintains the stock of tools and keeps them in proper condition.
- Perform all the activities in compliance with the Company’s QHSEMS and as per the assigned specific responsibilities.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Workshop Supervisor.