Web Developer & Content Administrator will be responsible for updating, developing, designing and maintaining of websites. S/He will focus on digital design, content management and site maintenance using existing web tools. This position handles development of designs for internal websites, including development of content and population and maintenance of the back-end web administration tools.
Areas Of Responsibility:
We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases SQL & MySql, key-value stores, etc ..).
- Experience developing websites for functionality across mobile and other platforms, for accessibility, usability, and search optimization.
- Experience collaborating with writers, editors, designers, developers, IT staff, and business units successfully deliver solutions.
- Broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, information architecture, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Ability to learn new technical skills and web programming languages and/or new features of current programming languages.
- Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques.
- Strong verbal and visual communications skills.
- Must be detail oriented and excel working in a fast-paced, multi-discipline team environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure and respond rapidly to new challenges.
- Proven ability take on the full life cycle of large-scale websites from initial conception, to development, to QA, to live production.
- Working understanding of information architecture and usability.
Years of Experience Required:
- B.A. / B.S. Degree in Web Design, Information Technology, computer science, and computer engineer.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as Laravel, Yii, etc.. ).
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Depending on the specific project).
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL/MySql databases and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Minimum of 5+ years experience of web design and development experience, strong online portfolio required.Additional Functional/Technical competences & required level:
- Multi-tasking/Problem Solving Skills.
- Relationships Networking.