Tasks will include:
1. Up to date knowledge of competitor activities and market trends.
2. Have a broad understanding of copyright laws and data protection.
IKEA Brand, Culture and Values.
3. Understanding of user-centric web content and a strong instinct for usability and effective content organization.
4. Knowledge of best web content practices, browser functionality.
5. Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how digital media channels can be supported by content.
6. Knowledge of how to maintain logical directory structure and files on web server, including the handling of naming conventions.
7. Knowledge of the fundamentals of grammar, syntax, style and punctuation.
8. Basic understanding of web coding.
9. Maintain the IKEA website by coordinating ongoing content changes, search optimization and translation work.
10. Ensure that all content is built to brand guidelines, reflects the IKEA brand values, copy and visual identity, tone of voice and quality standards.
11. Plan the style and relevance required and the frequency with which it will need updating.
12. Ensure the copy on the IKEA country website translated from global content is accurate.
13. Optimize the web as a vital and effective channel to contribute to the purpose of the function.
14. Partner with functions (e.g. PR, marketing team, customer relations) across the organization to define and develop relevant local content in order to optimize web content and functionality.
15. Work in close relationship with the Web Merchandiser on directions and commerciality online.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
1. Basic knowledge and understanding of Photoshop and CMS.
2. Knowledge of the fundamentals of English grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation. (Arabic is a plus).
3. Experienced to follow style and copy guidelines and briefs.
4. Experienced in meeting deadlines and managing publishing schedules.
5. Demonstrated skills in writing, editing and effective communication.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage a high-volume of assignments.
7. Demonstrated conceptual and logical abilities; proven ability to think creatively as well as strategically and tactically.
8. Experienced in communicating in English, with various audiences both verbally and in writing.
9. Able to simplify and explain complex issues and procedures, attention to tiny details.
10. Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
11. Capacity to commit and deliver to strict timelines.
12. Knowledge of best web content practices, browse functionality.
13. Passion for the nuances of writing for the web and an appreciation for the needs and expectations of users.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.